4.1 36 0.5
Babyliss-400x400.jpg
Styling Tools November 23, 2016 998
Babyliss Twist Secret
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I am a huge fan of Babyliss. I have been using a Babyliss straightener for years, and have convinced both my sisters to become loyal Babyliss users. So I was very excited to try the Babyliss Twist Secret.

I watched a bunch of reviews on Youtube to see what I was in for before I received the product. To be honest, based on the European reviews, I was quite disappointed when I received the Twist Secret and it didn't have add-ons. All of the girls in the European reviews showcased extra products that came in the box - strings and clips and exciting things, but sadly, the South African version does not come with these goodies. :(

I had a bit of a misconception of the product's abilities, which is probably my fault... I assumed that this product would be the answer to my braiding needs. I can only really make a traditional braid, and so badly want to do more. So when I realised that "Quick and Easy Braids" actually meant twists only, I was gutted.

Nevertheless, I soldiered on!

I tried the #BabylissTwistSecret first on one of my colleagues, who was going to an event. We really had such a good laugh, because it was a lot more difficult to get a result that looks like something than we expected... Ultimately, we managed to make a boho-inspired Grecian look, and she got complimented all night.

I really like that the Twist Secret is portable, battery operated and simple to use.

I would recommend this product for girls who have medium to thick hair, that holds a style well in general. On my hair, the twists unravelled so quickly and I got a little disheartened.

I will say, though, that the product is easy to use. You simply clip your hair into the two hair clips. Push the button up for individual twists, and then down to create a single twist from the two strands. (making something from those twists is a little harder though!)

I am going to post a video or two of ideas that I have, which could make your life a little easier.

I think this product is great for girls who love experimenting with new hairstyles. Just keep plenty of grips and holding spray/wax handy!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
No
Would you repurchase this product?
No
P
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply