Babyliss-400x400.jpg
Styling Tools November 23, 2016 996
#BabylissTwistSecret Review!
(Updated: November 30, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Thank you so much the BB team for giving me an opportunity to review the #BaBylissTwistSecret!

I received the #BaBylissTwistSecret on the 25th of this month. It is available at Clicks- the electrical haircare destination store- duh! It retails for R399. [FYI: Clicks now offers the new click and collection online store platform *hint hint*]

When I got my parcel I immediately dug into it and I was surprised at what was inside! I LOVE BaByliss appliances. Obviously, I ran to my go-to beauty guide- YouTube!

The little gadget is made up of: tweezers, a head rotation switch and push buttons. The controls on the push buttons are pretty simple. There are three “settings”: a 0 setting, I setting and a II setting. It is such a reasonable size! It’s large enough to be held sturdily with one hand without being clumsy. The size is also great in terms of portability and traveling with it will be a BREEZE!

As always, anything seems easier on YouTube. During my first attempt, I found it a bit hard to clip my hair into the tweezers. Once I got the hang of that I started twisting away! It took me less than a minute to do the classic “pig-tails” hairstyle and it didn’t budge the entire day! I also managed to do a normal plait without any hassles. I usually struggle and I can only make a side plait. I also created a dual-textured braid and a five-strand braid. Its EXCEPTIONALLY easy to use once you get the hang of it, which doesn’t take long. Its undoubtedly effortless way to look chique.

When creating my different hairstyles I had to decide how tight I wanted my braids to be- that told me how much to twist my hair with my new gadget. Be sure not to twist your hair too tightly as it can be uncomfortable. When I put my hair mid-length into the tweezers I found that I did create some knots in my hair. This can easily be avoided by simply moving the #BaBylissTwistSecret down your hair as you do the twisting. Nothing a little practice can’t fix.

The array of hairstyles you can make are honestly endless. Its literally all up to you and your imagination. All a girl needs with this is her faithful bobby pins, hair bands and a few fancy grips if she’s hitting the town. I LOVE this gadget because I am a self-proclaimed lazy girl. Seriously. Being at varsity means that my head is always in my books so my hair is forever in a ponytail- BOO! Having this gadget means that I get to have amazing hairstyles EVERY morning without sacrificing any sleep! Can I get a yaaaas?

I would recommend this to ALMOST everyone: from beauties with shoulder-length hair to beauties with very long hair. For R399, I think that the price is a tad high, since you can get a hairdryer for that price. I got a BaByliss hairdryer 2012 and its STILL working like I got it yesterday! So, you’re definitely getting a quality product, especially with the #BaBylissTwistSecret! The #BaBylissTwistSecret comes with a 2 year guarantee and it came with 2 AA batteries which I really liked. My braids held for the ENTIRE day so this product gets a MASSIVE thumbs up from me!

A big mushy thank you to the BB team for letting me review this bad boy. I had SUCH fun!!

The first picture is a quick braid I did in my video tutorial. The second picture is a braid I did on myself with my mum's help :) and the third is a waterfall braid done on a friend.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
hairstyle 1.jpg
#BaBylissTwistSecret
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply