fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers April 15, 2014 195
Avon Ultra Lip Gloss & Lipstick (Smooth Berry & Lovely Fuchsia)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was thrilled to receive an Avon lip gloss and lipstick via Beauty Bulletin - especially as lip colour is one of the (few) areas of makeup I am still "tame" in. In general I only wear light colour lip glosses or lip balms/butters (if anything...) and certainly have never pulled off a strong colour lipstick.

First product: Avon Ultra Glazewear Absolute Lip Gloss in Smooth Berry

This Avon Ultra Glazewear Absolute range of lip glosses contain colour reveal technology with self-renewing pigments which glides on with a visible, brilliant shine of rich color. It contains 6 conditioning ingredients including Shea Butter, Omega Oil, Arctic Berry, Vitamin E as well as SPF 15 which are not only great for soft lips, but also protected lips.

My Smooth Berry has a light fruity smell and I absolutely love the berry colour. The gloss comes in a "wanded" tube which glides on smoothly, is not sticky at all (which I absolutely hate) and provides a light shine. I would definitely re-purchase this colour as it is not as light as the normal nudes and light pinks I normally use, but it is not overpowering for daily use. As the gloss further moisturizes and protects my lips I think its a great buy.

Second product: Avon Ultra Colour Absolute Lipstick in Lovely Fuchsia

This Avon Ultra Absolute range of lipstick contain colour reveal technology with self self-renewing pigments which delivers vibrant colors that stay true to their shade. Its formulate with 6 beauty boosters to pamper lips including Vitamin E, Vitamin C and SPF 15 which again is not only great for soft lips, but also protected lips.

My Lovely Fuchsia also has a light fruity smell. The colour is a bright fuchsia and the lipstick is moisturizing and does not leave your lips dry (which the few lipstick I tried in the past certainly did). Whilst I tried my best - this colour fuchsia was unfortunately just too bright for me. I am however sure that there are certain ladies that can confidently pull it off and I intend to gift mine to a friend that I believe would. In the meantime I will go and investigate the other range of colours in order to conquer my lipstick fear ;)

Final verdict:

The Smooth Berry lip gloss is certainly a winner for me and even more so as I would not have necessary chosen this colour myself, but it is in fact perfect for me. With the current Avon special online (R 89.90 for both a lip gloss and lipstick) I however believe that my perfect shade of lipstick may just be a click away!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply