4.4 97 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers April 14, 2014 1657
Great colours and long-wearing but...
(Updated: July 03, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received the Ultra Wear lipstick and lipgloss and i was super impressed with the packaging. both tubes are well-constructed and do not have the 'cheap' feeling that most avon products seem to have.
it was already the end of the day when i went by the post office to pick up my package and i immediately applied the lipstick (pure orchid) on my way home. the lipstick glides on smoothly and the colour seems to go well with my complexion. I liked it. i also liked that it's not too shiny (my lips are too thick for that) nor is it true matte (most matte lipsticks dry out my lips). when i got home, after drinking some juice from a bottle on the way, the lipstick had not budged and i was happy with it.
The next morning i applied the lipstick again with gloss (blushing rose) over it. the combination looked great on me with a good sheen to it. i don't normally like wearing lipgloss because the stickiness annoys me, but this lipgloss is not sticky at all and gives a nice shine without looking juvenile. however I noticed during the day that my lips began chapping but i paid no mind to it. the day after, i wore the lipgloss on its own without lipstick underneath. it also glides on smoothly and still without any stickiness to it. it gave a nice tint to my lips, a bit of shine with a hint of pink, i quite liked it.
however, by the end of the day my lips were chapped again and that i did NOT like. that is the only con to these two products: nice colours and long-lasting but my lips reacted badly to them and ended up chapped and peeling. i gave it a few days and tried both products again over several more days, wearing them together and separately. each time i did, my lips would be chapped and peeling by the end of the day, despite taking care to reapply and even if i applied my lipbalm underneath and over the lipstick if when i wasn't wearing the gloss. while i love the colours and the consistency, chapped lips are not a cute look and i've had to put both these products away, which made me sad because i quite liked the colours.
N
6 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply