4.4 97 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers April 14, 2014 1657
Not a convert yet
(Updated: July 03, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received Absolute Ultra Wear lipstick in Fresh Fig and Ultra Glazewear Absolute lipgloss in luminous wine. I really wanted to be as bowled a way by these as I am by Avon's Eye make-up and hair products that I am ADDICTED to... I was particularly interested in the nourishing claims for this product. I have VERY dry lips and every bit of of nourishment helps.

To be entirely honest the first time I used, especially the lipstick, I hated it. However, I have come to have a strange love/hate relationship with it. I'm more of a fan of the lipgloss.

Absolute Ultra Wear lipstick
What I Loved
- The texture. Really light, which is a big plus for me, I don't like feeling coated in makeup
- The colour. I know the product promises a huge colour payoff. Not true. But it's one of the things I liked. Maybe it's just the shade I got but I found the colour, while well pigmented, to be quite sheer. It's a great lippie for when you just have time for a quick swipe but still want it to look neat. Very ladylike.
- The sheen. A lil shine but not obnoxious

What I didn't like
- The texture. It slid off my lips really quickly. would've loved more staying power
- I found it quite drying. Right when you apply, it DOES feel nourishing but it soon deteriorates and starts feeling dry, and because the colour slips and fades so quickly adding balm is not the best idea

Ultra Glazewear Absolute lipgloss

What I loved
The colour pay-off. Way better than the lipstick.
GREAT gloss. Really pretty and shiny but not that weird cheap looking shine. This gloss looks like you spent some good money
As far as glosses go this one lasted quite well. I found it lasted better than the lipstick

What I didn't like?
The texture. Really thick and gloopy. It's a problem because you REALLY need to have a mirror to apply this one well and I prefer to be able to quickly reapply my gloss on the go. But this comes down to personal preference.

I'll be buying the lipgloss again. The lipstick, I'll pass on
H
3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply