4.4 97 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers April 14, 2014 1663
Avon Ultra Glazewear Absolute Lipgloss
(Updated: July 03, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

First of all I would like to thank Beauty Bulletin for choosing me for this review club! Being a newbie to Beauty Bulletin I wasn't sure I was going to get chosen but you ladies definitely know how to put a smile on a girls face so Thank you very much!

Now these two beauties came to me in the form of Soft Peach and Heavenly Honey. I don't know how it happened but it must have been fate as I'm sure you can tell by the photo's how perfectly suited the two shades are for my skin tone! Just like every other make up junkie I took a ton of photo's and then immediately tried them both on. Now I must tell you- I really put these two to the test. I am not the biggest fan of lip glosses, I tend to lean towards the balm stains etc but the Ultra Glazewear Absolute range has definitely converted me. So lets get to it...

The Scent: They have a soft, light but sweet fragrance too them. Nothing too potent, I quite enjoyed it.

The Consistency: It is just the right consistency for the perfect gloss in a perfect world. Its soft and silky. Not at all thick and gooey or that runny gloss that just slides right off your lips.

The Texture: No this is the one I always worry about- I hate sticky glosses that make you feel as if your lips are glued together every time you shut your mouth. THIS IS NOT STICKY. Its just right, smooth and you can smack your lips as much as you want without them getting stuck.

The Colour: I received Soft Peach witch is a beautiful light pinky peach nude-y colour as well as Heavenly Honey which is a caramel nude.

As I mentioned before, I did put these to the test for about 7 days straight. First I wore them on their own. No lip balm, no foundation to mute out my natural lip colour, nada. I was quite impressed as Avon states that these Ultra Glazewear Absolute glosses will hydrate and protect your lips, they do just that. You wouldn't need a lip balm with SPF because these beauts have SPF15 to protect your smackers from the sun. I was also quite happy with the pigmentation and colour pay off on top of my natural lip colour. They were perfectly natural looking- great for my everyday make up routine!

I also tried them on top of a few of my less hydrating lipsticks and balm stains where I found them to be just as hydrating on top of those as they are on their own. They also added extra dimension and a beautiful glossed look on top of the other lipsticks. I also find my lips to be in a much better (smooth, soft and supple) condition after using these beauts for 7 straight days so these will definitely be an asset in the upcoming winter months!

I feel I should be completely honest in all my reviews, so there is just one little and I mean little, gripe I have with this gloss- its staying power. In my tests if I drank from a bottle or a glass or ate there was no gloss left to be seen. Now, I can't fault Avon for this because no where did they promise me 24 hour staying power but what they did promise me was hydrated lips with protection from the sun and I definitely received that!

So would I spend my own hard earned money on the Avon Ultra Glazewear Absolute Range after having the chance to try them for free courtesy of Beauty Bulletin? Hell yes! They delivered exactly what they said they would, converted me to a lip gloss lover and are completely affordable!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 26, 2014
This lipgloss is so perfect, its moist and blissful.
Z
zilungile
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply