Review Detail

4.6 25 0.5
Lipsticks March 17, 2016 723
Value For Money Matte Lipstick
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I have always been a low-key Avon fan, but you should have seen my face when I saw the adverts for their new Matte lipsticks. Some of my favorite lipsticks are from Avon so I knew I just HAD to get my hands on a few. When the Matte lipsticks were still new, it retailed for R120.00 for two on special. A bargain right?! I knew in my heart that it was only right for me to buy four different colors. I got the colors Berry Blast, Adoring Love, Au Naturale and Red Supreme.
The packaging on its own was different to the other Avon lipsticks I have, as the container was matte. Once you open the lipstick, you are welcomed with a pleasant, subtle scent that it not overpowering at all.
From the first swatch on my lips I knew I would love this lipstick because it felt very soft on my lips. I always ensure that before putting on any lipstick I prep my lips with an exfoliating scrub (made of brown sugar and coconut oil) and then applying a trustworthy lip balm that will take care of my lips. I found that with this lipstick can be applied with or without a lip balm underneath as it is also very moisturizing.
The color was very pigmented which I loved. I wish the formula was a bit more creamy, but it gives a lovely velvety finish. Overall a really good product. Worth every penny!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
N
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply