Review Detail

4.4 20 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils April 03, 2012 585
Avon SuperExtend Extreme Mascara in Black
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I’ve always loved Avon’s range of mascara’s and often have more than three in my cosmetic bag at one time. With one of the many specials they have, I purchased this striking yellow packaged mascara at R34.95.

You’re able to achieve extreme length and serious stopping power! The mega-length brush has flexible lash-hugging bristles that combine with precision-comb bristles to build extra, extra long lashes.
The colour combination of black and yellow is very striking. The mascara tube is a bright yellow with black writing. Once open, the inner applicator is yellow with black bristles. The bristles are made of plastic and not the normal brush applicator. This helps to define each lash and ensue they get coated with the mascara.

The mascara itself is of a very weak consistency and so if you don’t have a steady hand, it does stain the area around the eye quiet easily. Also, due to its thin consistency; my eyelashes get “stuck” together and have a false lash look instead of a natural look. This I am not a big fan off and so use the mascara more at night or over my lashes after they’ve been done with another mascara. The mascara formula is very highly black pigmented and so looks intense and dramatic on eyelashes. It gives a twiggy look with long extended lashes that are as black as the night.

Although I’m not the biggest fan of this particular offering from Avon, I still adore their brand and will continue to experiment with their make-up... I will however be sticking to my cult favourite shock max mascara from them.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply