Review Detail

5.0 2 0.5
Lipsticks June 27, 2014 217
Pure orchid
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

So when I took this one out of the packet, I was a little wary, as the name pure orchid said to me pink, and pink doesn't look all that good on me, when I broke the classy black wrapper and opened it though I was pleasantly surprised!
When looking at it through the plastic pink lid it seemed really pink, however after removing the lid, one is treated to stunning colour that has hidden depths! There is a plum undertone to this lipstick that really gives it depth and body!
But that's not the end!!!
This lipstick by Avon also moisturized my lips, and seemed to plump them up by filling in the dry cracked areas! I left this review to do until the last day because I wanted to see if the moisturizing effects were temporary or would they last, and last they did, the sun protection factor is a must for me, because of the accutane.
I used the lipstick with and without Lipliner and happy to report that in either case there was no bleeding. With a nice Matt effect, I tried it with the lipgloss that was a neutral shade so it did not effect the colour, and found that for evenings I prefer to use both the lipstick and the gloss together, however, during the day I liked that my lips were Matt!
I found the colour lasted longer than other brand I used, but does need touching up after eating or drinking,
A little something unconventional, one of the days I was in rush and couldn't find my blusher so I used this particular shade as a bit of a blush applied with my finger tips and it gave me such a lovely rosy glow!

To end off my review, I did an ombré lip last night using the pure orchid and an orange,
WOW!!!!!

To all ladies reading this who think pink is not their colour, this is not your typical pink lipstick, it has body and depth to the colour that will leave you using a cotton bud to remove the last of this stunning colour out of the tube!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply