Review Detail

5.0 2 0.5
Lipsticks June 27, 2014 217
Avon Ultra Colour Absolute Lipstick – Pure Orchid
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Avon Ultra Colour Absolute Lipstick has an SPF of 15 and colour complete complex formulated 6 lip beauty boosters to pamper lips. These are: collagen, vitamin E, vitamin C, sunscreen, phytol & 50% moisturising ingredients. The colour & care All-in-one lipstick has colour reveal technology and self-renewing pigments. The available lipstick shades are Red Velvet, Soft Coral, Coffee Crème, Fresh Fig, Pure Orchid, Radiant Raisin, Caramel Comfort, Lovely Fuchsia, Natural Flush & Pink Renewal.

Regular price – R139.95ea Current promotion price - R69.95ea Great 60% saving deal – Choose any Ultra lipstick & lip gloss only R89.90 for both.

I was very excited when I was selected to be part of the Avon Review club as this was my 1st Beauty Bulletin review. I received one lipstick (Pure Orchid) and one lip gloss (Soft Peach) to review. Please find below my lipstick review.

Avon Ultra Colour Absolute Lipstick – Pure Orchid

When I received the Pure Orchid lipstick , it was wrapped in classy black plastic wrap with the text in white. I was very happy about this as this assured me that the product had not been opened. I really do not like purchasing makeup products that have no protective seal. The lipstick tube is a cute plastic case with a translucent pink cap which closes perfectly resulting in minimised accidental spillages in purses and handbags. The Pure Orchid lipstick contains not only vitamins E & C but collagen & phytols. The collagen makes the lips appear fuller and plumper whilst the phytols condition and hydrate the lips. The sunscreen is a major plus and we all know the importance of vitamins C & E?.

Pure Orchid lipstick is a blue-based bright fuchsia pink shade with purplish tone to it. The lipstick applies on the lips very smoothly, without patches. It really glides on without becoming a messy layer on the lips. Its texture is light, creamy & soft. It has a very moisturising effect and super comfortable on the lips leaving them with a soft shine. It is pigmented yet not heavy on the lips and really brings the focus to the lips. It has a rich colour pay off because of the true colour technology - the colour you see is the colour you get. When I wore it, it offered medium coverage but it is buildable. It is non-bleeding, non-feathering and non-drying. It left my lips feeling silky. The hydrating or moisturising factor of this lipstick is the focal point. It really feels like a lipstick & hydrating balm all-in-one. The staying power is superb but like all lip products, eating and drinking reduces this staying power. It is super moisturising and it continues to work even after you have taken it off – Isn’t that something!? ?? I am definitely going to try more shades I this range. However, if you are in love with matte lipsticks, you may not enjoy this lipstick but I encourage you to give it a try and judge for yourself. Also remember that you can play around with lip liners and lip glosses to bring this lipstick to a tone you think is most flattering to your skin tone.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply