Review Detail

4.8 2 0.5
Nail Polishes December 02, 2013 202
AVON Nailwear PRO+ in Coral Reef
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I simply adore my Avon nail colours and always purchase at least two new colours with every new brochure. The nail varnishes are off the highest quality and at R49.95 on special for a 12ml it’s also very reasonably priced.

When I saw the picture of this colour in the brochure I was totally smitten and new that I had found my nail colour for summer. When it arrived two weeks later I was super anxious to tear open the black rectangular box it comes housed in. The box is plain glossy black with white writing. The nail varnish bottle is a 12ml glass rectangle shape with a black twist-off lid. The lid is a glossy and smooth and makes the opening of the bottle a little tough if its twisted on to tight. There is a little white sticker under the bottle with the name of the colour of varnish.

The colour was a bit more naartjie hued than I anticipated but i still loved the freshness and flash of colour it offered. I immediately started to prep my nails and get them ready for this bountifully luscious burst of summer. The varnish goes on smoothly and doesn’t streak, but it is a tad weak in consistency and I did need 3 full coats in order to achieve a full non-transparent look. The varnish dries super quickly and so the 3 coats took a relatively short time to dry so I was able to do my normal daily tasks with ease after. The colour dries to a splendid hue; a combination of a peach+pink+naartjie with a neon pink/orange reminisce. The colour is rich and dries to a perfect glossy finish, no top coat is even required; yet please do apply to help seal and lock in the colour to prolong its life.

This colour blends in with ease with any item of clothing; from full on black to crisp white. I love this hue on my toenails as it adds an unexpected touch of colour in a demure way. It looks amazing when paired with aqua or turquoise sandals or peep-toed heels. The colour on my toenails has lasted for 2 weeks and sees no signs of giving up yet. On my finger nails; it lasted a full 4 days before they started to chip a little. But due to the weaker consistency of the varnish a touch up goes on easily is un-noticeable. My nails feel stronger and look plump and healthy with this shade on.

If you’re looking for a fun, affordable and long lasting summer colour to take you from office to bar then look no further than Coral Reef from Avon. Definitely a must pack essential for the summer heat party season.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply