Review Detail

4.1 143 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils October 28, 2013 1956
No Mega-wow Effects mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

This mascara definitely appears daunting when you first open it. After all the years of a straight wand, being faced with what is essentially a mini-paintbrush is quite scary. Fears aside, I attempted to apply this mascara, and was quite surprised at just how easy the brush design made application! This is going to be a love/hate type of mascara for most people. To be honest, I would have loved to give this mascara 5/5 based on design alone, however the brush design is the only really good thing about this mascara at all.

While the Avon team obviously spent loads of time designing the applicator and packaging, it seems like they totally forgot about the mascara itself. And this is possibly the worst mascara I have ever used. Having used the same mascara I regularly use for 5+ years, I thought maybe I was judging this mascara too harshly after the first application, and used it for about a week to test it out completely. Still not impressed - at all!

The main problems I had with this mascara were:
-It takes FOREVER to dry, and I say FOREVER in caps because after applying the mascara, getting dressed, and tying my hair up it was still wet and proceeded to transfer all over my lids
-I have long, straight lashes, and need a mascara which provides some sort of shape or stiffness to the lashes, which this did not do at all
- As the day progressed, I could actually see how the very little 'lift' provided by the mascara began sagging
- The mascara made my lashes look very sparse and thin, which is really strange considering they are relatively thick to begin with

While I think the concept behind the application of the mascara is absolutely brilliant (hint, hint Maybelline), this does not outweigh the fact that the mascara itself is terrible. And while I realise that everyone looks for different things in a mascara, I think a R40 no-name mascara is much better quality then this. In fact, I am so disappointed that I am going to end up giving this mascara away to someone simply because it does nothing for my lashes.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
No
Would you repurchase this product?
No
K
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply