Review Detail

4.1 143 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils October 28, 2013 1956
Amazing!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I know, I know - it looks scary. But it's not, I promise. It's actually pretty darn cool! When I opened my mascara, the first thing I thought was along the lines of "it's actually quite cute and dainty!". To me, the marketing photos made it look really intimidating, but it's not really. For perspective, I photographed the little paddle alongside a lipstick tube to show its size.
Now, I know - that applicator brush looks unlike anything you've ever seen before! Where/how do you even use it? I've also photographed the Avon Mega Effects brush next to an ordinary, run-of-the-mill mascara brush.
See how it's basically the same - the applicator brush is just on the end of a paddle instead of a wand. The Avon brush has spikey plastic bristles. The mascara comes with a convenient package insert that shows you exactly what to do, so don't worry - you don't need to figure it out on your own! The applicator also has the nifty trick of being able to bend, so you can change the angle to whatever is the most comfortable for you.
What does this mean for your mascara application? Well, firstly, you're approaching your lashes from a different angle. Secondly, the bendable applicator means that you can get right underneath the lashes to coat even the base of the hairs. Basically, by "stamping" mascara at the roots of the lashes, you add the appearance of volume without having to get your lashes all clumpy. I love this, because (a) I have rather sparse lashes and (b) I absolutely hate when the few lashes I do have clump together, making it look like I have 4 lashes like a cartoon character.
As for how the mascara looks on: this will obviously depend from woman to woman. Like I said, I have rather sparse lashes that are in need of volume. They are rather long, but since the tips of my lashes are blonde, I need a mascara to make them visible. So basically, what I want from a mascara is to make my lashes defined without clumping or migrating all over my face. (The worst, amiright?)
For me, this mascara ticks all the boxes. It stays put on your lashes all day without making them too stiff or crunchy. It provides decent definition and volume without clumping. The unique applicator is easy to use and the change in the way you approach the lashes to apply mascara means that you can get right down to the base of your eyelashes. And, being a bit gadgety, it made using the product a really enjoyable experience!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
L
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply