Review Detail

4.1 143 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils October 28, 2013 1953
Mega Mixed Up!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I am going to give this product a fairly good rating overall, as it ticks most of the right boxes for me, but let’s just say I have mixed feelings about it. This is not to say that my personal view of the product is negative either, but just my impression of what it would do, given all the hype around it. Maybe it is just inexperience with the new wand styling in the one week that I have had to experiment with it, but I am just not seeing the “Mega Effects” factor I was expecting.

If I start with the packaging, I am happy with the attention to detail as it is in a box and the colour scheme is black, white and pink. It is fairly sophisticated and has an insert of well written instructions. The tube is different in that it is more rectangular than cylindrical but it is compact and leak proof. Then there is the showstopper, revolutionary wand which is adjustable to make application a bit more comfortable. This for me is still the tricky bit. Holding the wand in front of my eye, blocks my vision of where exactly I am applying the mascara and I do not always get it spot on.

The mascara itself spreads easily coating each lash individually and dries really fast. It also does not clump or flake going the entire day smudge free. It helps open my eye area a bit more but does not make my eyes pop. The fairly natural look that it imparts to my eyelashes suits my makeup style perfectly as I am not one for daring bold lashes and I am incredibly thrilled by the results. But there isn’t the WOW factor that most other ladies will be after so maybe it’s just the advertising or that I chose to only use one coat on my upper lid. Doing this I see the product lasting a really long time.

Don’t get me wrong, I am impressed with the whole package, but those who are after something more dramatic may be disappointed. So I would recommend it to ladies who are after a more conservative look.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply