Review Detail

4.1 143 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils October 28, 2013 1952
Avon Mega Effects Mascara with "Wonderbrush"
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

As I previously mentioned on Beauty Bulletin, I was in dire need of a new mascara. I have basically tried everything on the market, different brands, different shades and all of the mascara's I have tried, basically came out with the same type of effect.

I was blessed with long lashes, but come of late, they really started to bug me. The mascara I used actually made my eyelashes look as if they were untamed, going off in different directions. Weird...

I was stoked to find out that the Beauty Bulletin team had chosen me to receive a mascara by Avon which was a world first in this type of technology. I love new technology no matter what kind.

So I made an effort to pick up my new mascara yesterday afternoon instead of over the weekend. I saw previous reviews and pictures so I knew what to expect when I opened the box...right...WRONG! I was completely blown away at the look of this product.

First of all, the tube is rectangular instead of the usual barrel tube, the colour of it was hypnotically hot pink and black almost sort of a burlesque colour, which I love. The brush was almost alien like. Something that looks like a paint brush, but also looks like some sort of decorative ornament :)

I couldn't wait to try it. I had no where to go, but I had to use it immediately. So I went on to Beauty Bulletin and watch the "How to" video which made it seem so easy.

Surprisingly, do not let the complicated look of the brush deceive you, this was such an easy to use applicator. One brush of this applicator/brush had my entire lash line covered in one swipe. I wanted more...so I swiped again, and my lashes now seemed thicker and fuller and not just longer as expected. The Blackest Black colour actually made my lash line seem a bit shimmery as well. I promise I was not seeing things.

I admit though, it was a bit hard to apply the mascara to my lower lash line, but practice makes perfect right?

Eventually, my husband came into the room to see what all the shrieks of happiness were for. He took one look at my eyes and he told me they look really beautiful. So naturally I started smiling again. I am going to be using my new Mega Effects mascara to create that hypnotic effect for my fallen angel costume for halloween. I mean what better way to make a statement than that!

The price of the mascara, I found out is R100 which is a huge bargain for something as innovative and world first as this product. I expected it to be around R199.

Thanks to BB for making my new mascara wish come true and for introducing me to this awesome hot pink and black master piece!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply