Review Detail

4.1 143 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils October 28, 2013 1956
Avon Mega Effects Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was so excited to be selected to try the new Avon Mega Effects Mascara as I am a complete sucker for anything new and gimmicky in the make-up department!

Instead of the traditional mascara wand that we are used to, Avon has made use of a mini "paintbrush' for the lashes. The packaging is very attractive and has a nice compact shape so is easy to carry around in your make-up bag.

To remove the brush from the packaging you have to grip it and rock it from side to side. (Sounds simple but I really struggled the first time). The brush comes out coated with a generous amount of mascara. The handle of the brush is adjustable so you can play around to find out what angle works best for you. I found that the best way for me to apply this is for me to sit at a height where I can rest my elbow on my dressing table and then apply with a steady hand. Hopefully as I get used to this applicator it won't be necessary any more.

This is a VERY wet formulation mascara so you have to be extra careful when you apply it. I haven't managed to apply it yet without having to do a bit of a clean up afterwards. So the first few times you use it you might want to do it when you have a bit of extra time on your hands!

The colour is a very dark glossy black, which I love, and I found that one application coats my lashes well. I think for daytime one coat is sufficient for me, but at night I will probably try apply two coats for extra emphasis.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply