Review Detail

4.1 143 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils October 28, 2013 1956
Avon Mega Effects Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I have to admit, I was a bit taken aback when I saw how small the tube was. I own a lot of different mascaras and this is by far the smallest and bulkiest tube I own. That being said, it is still very easy to just pop into may makeup bag because it takes up so little space.

Then, the reason everyone waited eagerly for this mascara, the brush. When you take of the cap of the mascara, it kinda looks like a paintbrush in a paint bucket. Very different to the usual mascara wands. The wand pops out of the tube with ease and reveals the very unique wand. At first, it was extremely difficult to use, but since mascara wands come in all shapes and sizes, I wasn't too intimidated. It was very easy to get to every single lash with this wand.

The mascara itself is a very, very wet formula and takes a while to dry. Because of this, it can be said that this mascara is very messy. For me, however, the mascara was not extremely messy. Of course it ran a little the first time I applied it, but practice makes perfect, right? I loved the way the mascara made my lashes look. I have fairly non-existent lashes and this mascara added extra volume, length and colour. I loved how thick my lashes looked. Because the mascara is so wet, it did tend to clump a little, but I corrected that by using a hold mascara want (Covergirl Clump Crusher) I keep around. This help spread the lashes and left my eye lashes looking extremely full and dramatic.

A side note: it did sting my eyes the first time I used it. But after that, it did not sting my eyes again.

Of all the mascaras I own, this one is one of the wettest, but despite that, it works wonders on my lashes. A great win in my book.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
GG
Top 500 Reviewer 13 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply