Review Detail

4.1 143 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils October 28, 2013 1956
Avon Mega Effects
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Firstly I have to comment on the packaging... PRETTY! I love the pink and the black. I was also very surprised to see how small this mascara is... I was under the impression it was a lot bigger. The small size makes this mascara perfect to pop into your bag. Even though the 'tube' is so tiny, it still holds an impressive 9ml of product. The design of the wand is great as it feels very comfortable in my hand, even if it was a bit strange at first. I love the bristles, they really do reach every single lash. Because the angle can by adjusted, it is possible that anyone can get the ideal and most comfortable angle for perfect application. The tube also seals perfectly, so I think the chances of your mascara drying out is very slim. The cap also seals very well.

On to the formula. Here is unfortunately were the product fell a bit short for me. The mascara is very wet. This makes it a bit difficult for me to build the volume that I want. It is possible to add another coat or two, but you have to give it a chance to dry first. It still didn't give me the volume that I was expecting... I like a lot of volume. It did give me some length, that was a plus. When you remove the applicator from the tube, there is a lot of product on it and this made it a bit difficult to use. Whilst trying to reach the base of my lashes, I completely messed up my lash line as the mascara got onto my eyelid. If I blot the wand on some tissue paper to remove most of the product before I use it, application is easier and a lot less messy. This is a negative, as I want to use all my product and not toss it in the bin with the tissue.

All in all, this mascara gave me length and some volume and it is a pleasure to use the applicator. The bristles do a great job at separating my lashes (if I remove some product from the wand beforehand) and reaching every single lash. Because of the applicator, I would maybe consider purchasing this product for myself, but if Avon brings this out with a 'drier' formula, I would place my order without hesitation.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply