Review Detail

3.5 4 0.5
Eyeshadows September 17, 2013 269
Avon Eyeshadow Duo
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received two Avon Eyeshadow Duo palettes to try out - Ocean Waves and Healthy Glow.

The first thing that I noticed was the stunning packaging. The Eyeshadow Duos come in an elegant black box with matt finish and feel fresh and upscale.

Once one opens the beautiful black box, one immediately notices the gorgeous glossy square compact with curved sides. The inside of the compact houses a convenient mirror, the two eyeshadow shades, and the eyeshadow applicator.

I loved the two shades of Healthy Glow - a lovely natural palette of nude and dark brown that create a stunning natural look when paired with black liner and mascara.

I must admit that I was quite skeptical of the shades in Ocean Waves - I usually stick to the natural tones - but once applied the colours made my blue eyes pop! Although I wouldn't wear it as an everyday look, it is great for going out, especially with lashings of mascara :)

The eyeshadow was easy to apply to my eyelids and had good coverage. The colour lasted quite well, even as the temperatures started rising and the weather became warmer. I didn't notice any build-up of excess in the creases, which I find is the case with quite a few other eyeshadows that I have tried out. I also didn't get any fall-out on my cheeks - another big plus!

Pros:
- great colours
- beautiful packaging
- comes with a mirror
- crease-proof
- long-lasting
- light-weight

Cons:
- once applied, the colour could be a bit brighter

All in all, I loved testing out the Avon Eyeshadow Duo and had a lot of fun creating looks with it. I would buy them again for sure and would definitely recommend to a friend.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply