Review Detail

4.5 2 0.5
Eyeshadows September 10, 2013 278
Avon 8-in-1 Eye Palette by Avon - The Metallics + Glimmerstick
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I love eyeshadows as well as eyeliner. They are my fave makeup items and this palette and glimmerstick from Avon are so versatile. There are so many looks that you can create. I've uploaded 3 looks that I've been wearing quite a bit. The pics unfortunately don't really do the colours or intensity any justice.

There are 8 colours in the eyeshadow palette that range from a light pinky highlight colour to a dark shimmery black colour. They are all very blend-able and buildable. They give smooth application and are very pigmented. The yellow colour is the least pigmented and the black is the least blend-able colour. The shadows are all long-lasting and I don't experience much fallout with them. It's super handy having so many colours in one palette and popping them in your handbag or travel bag is super easy. Most of the colours are quite daring and probably best suited to those girls that like drama. These work best in my opinion for a night on the town, but like I said you can experiment with all the colours and you can create subtle everyday looks as well. The colours aren't insanely metallic or shimmery so they can actually work for a daytime look.

My fave colour in the palette is definitely the soft, nude shimmery pink. it's so beautiful and works perfectly as a highlight for either the brow bone or the inner corner. I also like sweeping it across my whole lid and wearing it with a bit of liner and a lick of mascara.

The glimmerstick is right up my alley. It's creamy and glides on smoothly. It's intensely black and works nicely on your upperlash line as well as your waterline. The liner is relatively long-lasting. It doesn't really budge and dries quite fast. The only problem/issue I have is that you can't sharpen it and it does become a bit blunt after a few uses, so your line isn't as precise as it was the first time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply