Review Detail

4.5 2 0.5
Eyeshadows September 10, 2013 286
Avon 8 in 1 makeup palette. Glimmerstick in blackest black
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was fortunate enough to receive the blackest black glimmer stick from Avon to review.
What I liked the most about it was the quality of the crayon eyeliner. I used this to create a great natural but smokey eye look and it stayed for most of the day and there was very little smudging. I also love the fact that its a roll up liner as I hate sharpening and losing most of the liner from breaking off during sharpening. The blackest Black shade was exactly what it said it was and it helped bring out my eyes when I used it. The packaging was also very great and the lid stays tightly capped on and this helps avoid the messiness caused by a loose cap that comes out whilst in the bag and turns everything black.

What I didn't like about the glimmer stick was the fact that it smudged a bit as my skin became oilier during the day but as I said previously its minimal smudge. Otherwise this was a great product through and through.

The 8 in 1 metallic palette
What I loved about most about this palette was the fact that it came in 8 very bold as well as natural colors and this comes in handy when I wanted to change from a natural look in the day and transform into a bold night out look. My favourite was the black,silver and bronze pallets as I use these for my everyday look when I go to work. The bold ink blues and pale aqua blue as well as the mustard and yellow were also great for achieving a night out in the town look. I also loved the mirrors on the pallet as these made it easier for application of my makeup and I could see exactly what I was doing. I loved the fact that there were two brushes to apply with.

What I didn't like was the fact that there was only one shade of a color in each palette which made it difficult to create some of the looks I am used to creating with the same shade but different tones of colors.

All in all this was a great pallet of colors.
M
6 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply