Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1853
Avon - Dare to be Bold Lipstick and Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Of course I was ecstatic when I received that mail informing me that I’m one of the fortunate few to try out and review yet another good product by Avon. I have been given the below 2 products to review:
1. Avon Ultra Bold Colour Lipstick – Rapid Rose
2. Avon Big Daring Mascara - Black

Packaging:
1. The exterior of the lipstick is just as good as the interior. I immediately tested the opening of the cap and the twist functionality of the applicator. I also like the black and silver packaging that gives it a more sophisticated and bold appeal.
2. I enjoy the packaging of the Big Daring mascara as it makes for a good grip. The applicator brush also is the correct type and size to add maximum benefit in ensuring bold, daring eyelashes.

Feel:
1. The application of the lipstick is very smooth and because the colour is so bold and intense, minimal effort and less application is required to get an even spread on the lips.
2. At first it was good and coated the eyelashes well, until I felt that it dried out and a second application is needed for it to not feel dry and flake.

Lasting:
1. The lipstick is not matt, neither is it a high gloss - which is the perfect balance that you want from a lipstick that is this bold. The last thing you want is for it to be too glossy and it ends up looking tacky or for it to be too matt and you still have the reminiscence of it on your lips for 3 days to come! That ends up also looking tacky. I personally use softer nudes and more natural colours and mainly matt colours with a bit of gloss on sometimes, however this is a great switch up for the Spring/Summer. I applied in the morning and it lasted the whole day. Pretty sure it’ll last the whole of Spring and Summer too.
2. When I applied the mascara, the lasting effect seemed to have been great, until I noticed that later on during the day it started to flake off. This is weird to me because I know that lipstick and other makeup may need to be applied more than twice a day in cases, but I’ve never done it for mascara. It’s like it almost got dry and I felt that it was drying out my eyelashes too. ?

Tips:
1. I dabbed a finger over my lips and blended it into the area of my cheek bones that’s close to my hairline.
2. Apply over the top of the eyelashes first and then from the underneath in an upward motion to get a more even coating and bigger daring curl effect. This will need to be done twice a day due to the drying nature of the mascara.

Even though the lipstick colour doesn't fully suit my skin tone, I decided to continue using it with a darker Avon gloss over. It adds a bit of daring and boldness to my Spring/Summer look :)A little bit definitely goes a long way here!

xoxo
DeeDee

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply