Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1845
Avon Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick in BERRY BOLD
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

As part of the Avon Dare to Be Bold review group, I received my Avon Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick in BERRY BOLD and the Avon Big and Daring Volume Mascara in BROWN/BLACK.

In order to give a fair account of the products, I will be a bit more thorough in my review and give a somewhat tedious amount of detail so that you can make an informed decision about whether this product is suitable for you or not.

Avon Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick in Berry Bold:
As the name suggests, Berry Bold is indeed bold and such a pretty colour. It’s warm, rich colour is very appealing (it’s the shade I’d usually favour for nail polish). After application, I thought that it was way too “loud” on my skin as I’m quite fair and the colour was a bit too bold for my taste, but I decided to be daring as this was my opportunity to experiment. Besides, I was heading out for a gig and it is the norm to wear heavy, darker makeup on stage because of the lighting, otherwise you can look a bit washed-out.

The lipstick glides on smoothly, is really moist and creamy and is colour-true. It looks on the lips exactly like it does in the applicator. This was a bonus, as I often find that the colour of the wand is not the same when applied to my lips. I guess it really depends on the natural colour of your lips, but I like it when the colour I use, is the same on my lips as is presented. Working in an air-conditioned office, I find my lips tend to be dry, so this moist lipstick was a welcome relief as some lipsticks tend to dry my lips even more.

Unfortunately, because of its rich texture, the lipstick does bleed a bit, so I had to apply a lip liner to keep it in place, but that’s a small price to pay for a pretty colour that stays moist. Because it’s pigment-rich, I found it had great staying-power and I didn’t need to reapply during the evening. Having said that, I didn’t have anything to eat, just to drink. However, when dining out, the colour doesn’t stick quite as well, but the level of coverage is still good and a light touch-up is all that’s required. All in all, I’d give this lipstick a 10/10 as it really does deliver what it promises.

Packaging:
Boxed in simple, yet stylish packaging, in black and bright cerise pink. The lipstick itself, is encased in a shiny black container with silver trim, which makes it a stylish item for your handbag. The action of the mechanism to turn the lipstick in and out, is smooth and the cap clicks in place when closed. I particularly like this feature and the sturdiness of the lipstick casing as some of my other lipsticks have on occasion lost their caps in my handbag because they weren’t closed securely or cracked due to inferior material and craftsmanship. It is clear that Avon has given a lot of attention to detail to making not only the inside of the product special, but also designing the container in which it is packaged.

Bonus: No nasty fragrance (some lipsticks tend to stink, in my opinion.)
IMG-20140829-00032.jpg
AVON Lipstick after night out.jpg
Avon Bold Lips.jpg
AVON Big & Daring Volume Mascara.jpg
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply