Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1853
Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick and Big & Daring Volume Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I Was lucky enough to be selected to review the Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick and Big & Daring Volume Mascara.

The lipstick colour I received was Coral Burst. It has a soft creamy texture, even though it's a matte lipstick so my lips didn't dry out. It was quite long lasting and didn't transfer onto the glass that I was drinking, which I thought was absolutely fantastic. The colour itself is very bold. It's a mix of orange and bright red. Surprisingly it seemed to work. I applied a light coat of the lipstick and I outlined my lips with a deep red (almost maroonish) lipliner and I blended the two. So I was quite happy with the end result. The deep red seemed to even out the brightness of the shade and the end result was perfect. This one is definitely a keeper and a great addition to my HUGE lipstick collection. They are also quite reasonably priced so I would highly recommend anyone to try this range. A big thumbs up and 5 stars from me for this lipstick.

The Big & Daring Volume Mascara was a bit disappointing. It doesn't quite live up to its name. I had to apply two coats to get the desired big and bold effect. After applying two coats, my lashes felt heavy- not a very nice feeling. The brush was uncomfortable to use, because of its curved shape. I would have preferred the brush to be straight and the bristles wider - perhaps that would have given the bold look. The mascara scores 2 stars from me.

Thank you Beauty Bulletin for the opportunity to review these great products, and adding to my makeup collection.
Bold Lipstick and Mascara.jpg
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply