fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1853
Avon Dare to be Lipstick in Berry Bold and Big daring volume mascara in Brown/black
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

When I first found out that Irina Shayk would be the new brand ambassador for avon I could not contain myself. Apart from being exceedingly beautiful, her makeup and clothes are always on point.

I received the Avon dare to be lipstick in the shade BERRY BOLD. The colour is vibrant, bright and intense. It really does brighten up your face and does give you the added boost of confidence. The colour you see in the brochure is the exact colour that you will get on your lips upon application. Highly pigmented. Highly moisturising. High shine. Definitely living up to its expectations in that regard.

The packaging is neat, modest, nothing too fancy. I'd have no qualms whipping this out of my handbag if I needed to reapply.

What I did not love about this lipstick was that it was a bit too creamy.
Due to its extra creamy texture, it tends to bleed a lot, especially on to my teeth and Chin.

This unfortunately was a deal breaker for me. As beautiful as the colour is, I had to to constantly be looking into a mirror to ensure that no lipstick had bled into my teeth or on to the sides of me mouth.

Will I purchase this lipstick? I highly doubt it. But i do believe that for R69,95 you are getting your money's worth.

The Avon Big and Daring Volume Mascara - now this product I LOVE. You notice a difference upon initial application. The spoolie coats the lashes really well , separating the lashes as it goes along. My lashes look longer and thicker.
The best way to apply it is whilst sitting near a fan or a window, and wait for the prior coat to dry before you apply the next to ensure minimal clumping . This way your mascara just builds on to your lashes giving it a more natural finish.

The packaging is similar to the lipstick's. It's modest, modern and neat.

I will definitely be adding this mascara to my list of favourites. For its price of R64,95 I'd consider this a bargain.
Avon Dare to be lipstick in BERRY BOLD.jpg
Avon Dare to be Lipstick - BERRY BOLD.jpg
L
3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply