fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1853
Bodacious Avon #AvonDareToBe Color Bold Lipstick in Coral Burst and Daring Volume Mascara Black
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

With big brand giants such as Christian Dior ,Bobby Brown , Estee Lauder ,Mac , one cant help but wonder how does Avon fare in comparison with the leading cosmetic brands in the makeup industry ? With Avon being cost effective what does that mean for the quality and effectiveness of their makeup ? When I heard about Avon's new Colour Bold range I did not do the dance of joy especially upon reading the names of the lipsticks , it was quite worrying especially if you so used to routine with makeup you become hesitant to try new things.But I was in for a pleasant surprise .....

I received Colour Bold Lipstick in Coral Burst and the Daring Volume Mascara in black.When I saw the colour of the lipstick I cringed!It looked orange to me!!And so I tried it on .... It looked incredible and felt more hydrating than my Labello!I like that this lipstick is super opaque, highly pigmented and that just one swipe could give you a rich, colourful swatch.The same "bold" rich colour you see on the lipstick is the same "bold" colour you see on your lips!Although its a matte lipstick it provides adequate moisture and does not crease into the fine lip lines.I used a chocolate brown lipliner from Charlie to neaten the edges and it really looked incredible
So Avon took a "bold" step ahead in the colour industry as True Colour Technology is definitely achieved in this lipstick.
I am not a fan of mascara sadly to say , and Avons mascara reminded me why!I admit I liked the curved brush to make application easy for mascara virgins , but alas the formula made my eyelashes feel like I had used a dose of cement , I was displeased with the stiffening effect this had on my lashes not to mention the irritation it caused my eyes as you see in the pictures , I am also having a difficult time removing it , thumbs down for the mascara!
Both products can be purchased online (www.avon.co.za) or from an Avon Representative
The mascara is R129,95 whilst the lipstick is R69,95
avon color 2.jpg
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply