Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1853
#AVONDARETOBE
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I recently received the Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick (in Pink Punch) and Big & Daring Volume Mascara (in black), both from Avon, in order to take the challenge and dare to try the new shades. In order to help you experiment and take your look to the next level, Avon has introduced the “Boldometer”. The idea is to figure out where your currently are on the scale (which goes from natural to divine, to dramatic, and finally to bold) in order to be bold and push yourself to the next level.

The lipstick shade I received, Pink Punch, is a gorgeous bright colour that’s perfect for summer. The lipstick has a smooth application, and the colour lasts long without smudging, which is perfect for me as I seem to spend a large portion of my day reapplying lipstick.

The mascara, which features a curved brush and promises up to 900% explosive volume, I found to be good, especially in its price range. While I did experience some volume, unfortunately I have extremely short and straight eyelashes and very rarely find mascaras which perfectly address these issues, so this mascara really didn’t make the bold statement on me that I was hoping it would.

Below, my final look with both products. On the “Boldometer” I would rate it as dramatic, as I usually hover somewhere between the natural and divine.

Altogether though I was very happy with both products, the lipstick most of all and I would definitely buy it after this, especially because of the amazing value for money.

The Big & Daring Volume Mascara retails for R64.95, while the Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick is R69.95, both from your nearest Avon representative.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply