Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1858
A proud pout with Avon
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I'm not the type of girl to wear bright coloured lipstick. I always think 'it's too much' or 'it might look weird'. I'd feel more comfortable only dabbing the colour on my lips, blending it, removing a bit with a tissue, re-applying just a little bit and voila! All set to have just enough colour on my lips.

But then, along came Avon and Beauty Bulletin, daring me to be bold.

At first I was very hesitant with the Starburst Pink, it's very pink. I believe it's the same shade my favourite Barbie wore when I was a kid (so you can imagine how pink it must be...).
But, I opened the packaging with an open mind and as I removed the sleek black cap of the lipstick, the beautiful barbie pink colour peered at me, daring me to try it.

It applies great; it glides smoothly onto your lips and the lovely floral scent adds that extra feminine touch. It chaffed a little on my lower lips, but nothing a little Vaseline can’t fix ;)

This lipstick is perfect for spring when we are celebrating colour after a dark and grey winter and this bold hue really celebrates womanhood. Be proud of your pout and wear that bright colour with confidence.

The colour will last at least two hours, but then it's just as bright as when you applied it earlier. After a few coffees it will start to fade though (which is understandable).

As usual, Avon offers good quality at low prices, so you really strike a bargain with this lipstick.
I think the most difficult part of this lipstick is picking your favourite colour. With so many shades, Avon has given women everywhere a chance to be bold, to dare to stand out and own the spotlight with a proud pout. Barbie will be proud.
Channeling my inner Barbie
Avon Dare to be Bold Lipstick review: Starburst Pink
R
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply