Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1856
I #AvonDareToBe BOLD!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

What a great trial this was - Avon Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick in BERRY BOLD and Avon Big & Daring Volume Mascara in BLACK.

I absolutely loved both of these products and took great delights in breaking the "rules" which say one should either have bold lips or bold eyes, not both.

The lipstick has a great texture, very moisturising and lasts a good long time. And it certainly is "ultra" and "bold"! It's very bright, only one coat needed (where I usually do at least 3 coats) and stays bright for quite a while.

Unfortunately, the Berry Bold was really not the right colour for me - it's a tone of red that really doesn't suit me, looking quite orange on me. But it's still wearable and I did get lots of compliments so perhaps it's just me being over-sensitive.

The mascara also lives up to its name. This is a great find for me as I struggle with keeping mascara on my lashes and not in raccoon circles under my eyes. It amazed me how well it stayed in place with no smudging at all. And it gave me lashes like I'd had extensions! It has a really different brush - curved with different widths along the length of it. I found it worked really well to coat the lashes without caking them. Usually I have to use a little brush to take off the clumps of mascara as I do like my lashes to look relatively natural. However, I had no need for that with this mascara as my lashes looked awesome but not unnatural!

All in all, I loved these products. I'll definitely stick with the mascara and perhaps try a different colour in the lipstick.

You can check out my video review here... http://youtu.be/j7ggG26jVKI

Me Daring to be BOLD
#AvonDareToBe Product Review
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply