Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1856
Avon Ultra Colour Bold lipstick and Big & Daring Volume Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was very excited to be selected to try the Avon Ultra Bold Lipstick and Big and Daring Volume Mascara.

Initially I was disappointed when I saw that the colour of mascara I had received was brown/black. Although I am very pale I love thick, dark lashes so I always opt for blackest black. Having said that, I was actually pleasantly surprised at the brown/black as it is still sufficiently dark, particularly for daytime. The mascara creates beautiful volume and this is definitely one I will buy for myself when it comes to an end. In the beginning i found the wand quite chunky and a little tricky to control, but I have got the hang of it now and have no problems.

The lipstick colour that I received was Berry Bold, and I was over the moon about this as I have a complete red lipstick fetish at the moment! After only wearing nude colours for many years I recently discovered my love of red lipstick and have been snapping them up in varying shades and textures.

The Avon Ultra Bold lipstick has a very soft creamy texture which applies easily and smoothly. Berry Bold is a beautiful bright red (in the photo it looks a bit more orange than it does in real life). It lasts surprisingly well for a creamy lipstick, however as I am not one to reapply my lipstick every few hours, when wearing red I think I will stick to my long-lasting variants.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply