Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1856
Avon Ultra Colour Bold lipstick and Big & Daring Volume Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was so very excited to have been chosen to review the new Avon Ultra Colour Bold lipstick and Big & Daring Volume Mascara! The lipstick shade I received was Bare Impact, which is a very soft nude colour. The mascara is a brown/black. Let's start with the mascara:

Personally, I like a black mascara best, because I think it makes a bigger difference. So I'm not too fond of the shade. I feel there are two MAJOR downsides to this new mascara. The first is that it is SO waterproof that even with makeup remover, wipes and washing my face, I couldn't get it off! Luckily, a friend on here suggested I try coconut oil. I did try it last night, and was astounded to find it actually worked! (Thanks for the top tip, Lizna!)So be prepared, you'll likely struggle to get it off. The second issue I have is that the hole in the tube is too big, so it doesn't get rid of excess product on the wand, which is inconvenient. Too much product on the wand can cause smudging and a cakey effect. The brush is quite large, so I struggle to coat every strand without making a mess. The mascara also definitely needs two coats to be really effective. However, when I go to the trouble of applying it properly, in two coats, the effect is quite good! I was even asked if I had falsies or extensions going! I'd give the mascara a 3 out of 5. I'd prefer a smaller brush, and the hole in the tube really needs to be smaller.

Now, to the lipstick! As I said, I received the Bare Impact shade. It is a light nude, and not a shade I would normally wear. In terms of "Daring to be bold", this shade doesn't really scream bold to me. However, I really like the lipstick. It goes on easily, and the formula is fabulously rich without being too heavy. It doesn't dry my lips out at all, and has a good wearability to it. It lasts long, and stays gorgeous! I'd definitely give some of the "Bolder" shades a try!

I've covered all of the points in my video review as well - although, I must apologise for the sniffling in the video - I'm recovering from the flu. It's also my very first video review, so I was so nervous, and when I get nervous I get a bit...uh, let's call it awkward!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 16, 2014
You're welcome and I'm glad it worked :D
L
LiznaE
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply