Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1854
#AvonDareToBe Bold (Vivid Violet)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Firstly, a big thank you to Avon and Beauty Bulletin for the awesome Vivid Violet lipstick and Big and Daring black mascara. I really appreciate being able to increase my make-up collection, especially when it's not at my expense :)...so thank you!!

Anyway, so let's start off with what I wore prior to receiving these products.

I was always an 'I need to have lip colour' kind of girl, but I rarely wore bright or bold colours, so when I got my review products, I was quite surprised.

After I picked up my products I immediately tried the Vivid Violet lipstick. I must say, it's really prominent and bold, and also has a purplish, metallic undertone. It literally glides on so it's super easy to apply. The packaging itself is feminine and bold, and looks like something I'd gladly show off when showing it to my girls. I truly love the colour, and I actually wear it daily. I also love the fact that I'm able to adjust the saturation of it (by applying less/more coats) because I do feel having it too bold is a teency bit too much for the work place.

Now, let's talk about the mascara. I honestly couldn't care much when it comes to wearing mascara because I have really sensitive eyes, so I hardly wear it (even though I sometimes really want to). It really is Big and Daring, however, because of my really sensitive eyes, it burns like hell when I apply and remove it. It also takes some time to remove even when using make-up remover. Overall, I'd probably really love it and wear it daily if it didn't irritate my eyes.

Here's my ratings (0 being the least, 5 being the most):

Avon Vivid Violet Lipstick
- Colour boldness: 5
- Lasting wear: 3
- Smoothness: 4
- Packaging: 5
- Quality: 4
- Attention grabbing: 5
- Guaranteed compliments: 4

Big and Daring Mascara
- Boldness: 5
- Ease of application: 4