fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1858
Dare to .... Boldly go where no lipstick has gone before................... or not?
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was the lucky recipient of 2 avon dare to be bold lipsticks; a berry red which I received in my avon goodie bag at the avon event and a starburst pink from my avon friend, yeah lucky me.

The Beey bold colour was actually not intetional because we were told that we could select the correct colour upfront at the avon event and just ask for it at the gate but, this did not happen. That is how I ended up with this colour.

Nevertheless, at the event, for 1 minute we had to apply lipstick which created a totally bold lip colour look and though, I do not believe this to be a colour suited for me, many people at the venue shouted when they saw me: Wow, you are transformed!. I did not beleive a word and somehow felt that I looked awful with heavy red lips.

The starburst pink is a nice rosy colour which I had hoped would suit me better but, I don't think so either. In fact, I think it makes me look worse. Please see pics below. Not really a better choice.

My take on the lipsticks:

Very moisturising and great matte look with ultra notice me colour and bold features, love the colours just having trouble finding one suited to me. Very reasonably priced and can be worn all day.

Not so great things for me:

The lipsticks are not colour stay and I find myself having to re-apply after about 2 hours or so and, its not just a touch up; I have to wipe and re-apply from scratch so I do not end up with colour lines all over my lips. The lipstick also often rubs off on my clothes, food and teeth, no cool and causes my lips to flake if I don't apply a lipbalm underneath.

Overall its a great lipstick with great bold colours.

So, are you prepared to boldly go where no lips have gone before?

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply