Review Detail

4.5 135 0.5
Lipsticks August 27, 2014 1856
#AvonDareToBe in Starburst Pink & Brown Black
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I'm big on statement lips and bold mascara, so was excited to be a part of this review panel! I received an Avon Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick in Starburst Pink & Avon Big & Daring Volume Mascara in Brown Black.

Loving the packaging of the Avon Ultra Colour Bold Lipstick, in pretty cerise & black, I tried that first & have been using it for a week. It's advertised as having 50% more pigment, and this is great because it has excellent coverage & gives one a big bang of colour when applied. I also enjoyed that it feels creamy and moisturising when applied and smells delicious, with a sweet, floral scent. This isn't my personal favourite shade of pink - it's quite an ice-cream shade, whereas I prefer a more dramatic deeper pink - but is lovely for spring or teens wanting a pretty pink look. I'd rate this shade a 5 on the Boldometer and it looks quite natural if blotted a little. On me personally each application lasted about 3 hours before I needed to reapply. Avon's September special of 2 Ultra Colour Bold lipsticks for R120 makes this lipstick even more attractive.

When I first opened the Big & Daring Volume Mascara I was slightly disappointed that the jar is so huge - not small purse friendly - however, it's necessary for the big curved wand. It applies smoothly, although I found using the outside edge of the wand easier for application because it kept my lashes separate, whereas using the inside of the curved edge made it clump a little. I only used the inside edge at the end of application to curl my lashes up. The application lasts all day and looks great - I definitely had big, voluminous lashes as promised. I found it a bit drying, so would recommend using it with a lash conditioner or oil. Priced on the September special at R64.95, it's also extremely inexpensive compared to similar products.

One down side of these products is that they contain petrochemicals & the mascara contains parabens, so they're not something I would use every day. However, I really enjoyed the new look achieved using them & the new lipstick shade added some fun to my workday.

Thanx #AvonDareToBe & Beauty Bulletin!
#AvonDareToBe Starburst Pink
T
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply