4.2 88 0.5
gv.jpg
Moisturisers January 24, 2017 1475
Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Curl La La Defining Curl Custard
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I tried the Aunt Jackie's Curl La La Defining Curl Custard when I was transitioning and after I BC'd.

It smells like sweetness. You REALLY have to keep the jar away from kids because they might just eat it. It just smells delicious..

It has a thick consistency, very much like a pudding.

I don't get white residue from using it.

When I was in transition, it didn't really work well to give me the curls I wanted. My hair was in two different textures so it was a challenge.

Using it after my BC has been good so far. My curls are very tight and coilly (like a springs). I apply the Aunt Jackie's Curl La La Defining Curl Custard while my hair is damp (about 60%) and I let it dry throughout the day as I go about my day. I make sure I work the pudding in all over my hair. When the days are warm, it dries quickly. More like a wash & go activity. Once my hair dries, it does not look weighed down by the product.

I love the spring-like curl definition that I get. it's more of a curl enhancer in this case for me since my coils already come looking like springs.

My hair stays moisturized for about 3 or so days. All I do on day 2 and 3 is sprits my hair with water and my cute culs come up popping as my hair dries. My hair remains soft to touch (a little bit sticky) and smells delicious.

I find there's hardly much need for reapplication on day 2 and 3.

Disclaimer: I have hair that would be classified as 4C by the natural hair community.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply