fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.3 1 0.5
Acne and Blemish Creams July 10, 2014 464
Wonder in A Bottle

What Clinique says
“Results as good as a leading topical prescription in clearing blemishes. Our daily treatment gel starts clearing blemishes upon application. Helps prevent new ones from making an unwelcome appearance. Make visibly clearer skin a way of life.”
• Skin Types: All Skin types
• Benefits: Treats Blemishes
• Concern: Blemishes
RSP: R210 (15ml), R315 (30ml)

My Review

Packaging: The gel comes in a green/mint bottle with a white cap. The bottle has a small opening that allows you to squeeze out a pea-sized amount of product suitable to dab on blemishes.

I had the pleasure of being chosen to review the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solution Clinical Clearing Gel.
I have been using the Clinique product for 3 weeks now, and I have been documenting my thoughts about this product.
Although I'm fortunate enough to not have seriously spotty skin, I do suffer from hormonal breakouts and acne blemishes when I'm a) tired b) stressed c) slept with makeup or when it’s that time of the month.

In the first week of using the product, I noticed that my blemishes would be less red and inflamed, but they still were popping up all over my cheeks. In the second week I continued applying all over my cheeks on old blemishes or new ones that would feel like rearing their ugly heads at me. This gel would prevent them from forming, while calming the ones that were already there.

Today marks the third week of using the product, and it dries up the blemishes/acne and that actually helps coz that means I am not tempted to squeeze the life out of the zits, leading to less scarring! WIN!!!

I find the gel texture isn’t sticky at all and perfect for applying under makeup which is exactly what I look for in a spot treatment, especially as during the day I would like it to be treated but also covered. On the skin it feels cooling but does not sting or irritate my skin and shouldn't as it has been allergy tested as well as being fragrance free.
I am somewhat put off by the nasty alcohol smell that you get when you use the gel, I'm glad that it does not linger. As soon as the gel is dry, you cannot smell the alcohol anymore.

Did the product work for me? Absolutely! Would I recommend it to friends and family with similar issue? Most definitely

Pros:- The small opening which gives you the perfect product
- The perfectly sized bottle, that I can fit into my makeup bag
- The fast action of the gel to dry out blemishes
-Although it seems pricey and the bottle small, a little goes a long way

Cons: - The pungent alcohol smell.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply