fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.3 1 0.5
Acne and Blemish Creams July 10, 2014 451
You wont be disapoointed
What Clinique says
“Results as good as a leading topical prescription in clearing blemishes. Our daily treatment gel starts clearing blemishes upon application. Helps prevent new ones from making an unwelcome appearance. Make visibly clearer skin a way of life.”
• Skin Types: All Skin types
• Benefits: Treats Blemishes
• Concern: Blemishes
RSP: R210 (15ml), R315 (30ml)

My Review

Packaging: The gel comes in a green/mint bottle with a white cap. The bottle has a small opening that allows you to squeeze out a pea-sized amount of product suitable to dab on blemishes.

I had the pleasure of being chosen as part of the 30 women to review this product. (Please note that I've been documenting my thoughts over the 3-week time that I've been using this product)

I have been using the Clinique product for over two weeks now, this is the third week of me using it and preparing to write my final review about the product.
Although I'm fortunate enough to not have seriously spotty skin, I do suffer from hormonal breakouts and acne blemishes when I'm a) tired b) stressed c) slept with makeup or when it’s that time of the month.

When I first received the product I thought I would run through the whole bottle in the 3 weeks that I got to use it. And boy was I wrong....
The clearing gel is clear with a very strong alcohol smell, I'm guessing that's the Salicylic Acid?
I find the gel texture isn’t sticky at all and perfect for applying under makeup which is exactly what I look for in a spot treatment, especially as during the day I would like to be treated but also covered. On the skin it feels cooling but does not sting or irritate my skin and shouldn't as it has been allergy tested as well as being fragrance free.

In the first week of using it, I noticed that my spots would be less red and less inflammed after using the clearing gel, but I would still breakout. I used this mostly on my cheeks, as that is where I breakout mostly. The Clinique anti-blemish clearing gel would dry out the whiteheads and therefor I wouldn't have the urge to squeeze them which would in turn leave nasty marks on my face.

I continued using the gel into my second week, both morning and night and I would see less and less spots. The ones that were there were less painful and red. Win!

Today (11th July) marks the end of the third week that Ive used the gel and now I need only spot apply and not have it all over my cheeks...

Did it work for me? Absolutely! Would I recommend it to someone else to try? Why the hell not?

Pros:- The small opening that gives the right amount of product
- The fast action work
-It may seem like a small bottle but a little goes a long way

Cons: -The alcohol smell
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply