Review Detail

4.8 4 0.5
Eyeshadows March 06, 2014 185
Almay Shadow Softies in 110 Lilac
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Almay Shadow Softies in 110 Lilac is a frosty lilac that is super soft to the touch. The texture of the shadow is a cream to powder combination. When I press into the shadow, it has the texture of the Maybelline Bouncy Blush, but swiped, it completely feels & acts like a powder.

The packaging is black and matte, with a window showing the colour of the shadow inside. Its a bit of a hassle to open at first, but once I got used to it, it was fine. The packaging needs to be air tight for the eye shadow not to dry out.

I have found that applying this shadow with my fingers works best and because of its unique texture, there is no powder fall out. The not so great aspect of this shadow is that the colour pay-off is quite sheer, no matter how much you try and build it up.

I tried wearing this shadow with and without an eye primer. Without, it disappears within a couple of hours and with the primer, it lasts a few hours more. Note that my skin is very fair & this shadow comes off as barely there on me, so I don't know how it would show up on medium to dark complexions.

It did not irritate my extremely sensitive skin & I experienced no unpleasantness with the texture. I would like to try out some of the other colours in their new Shadow Softies collection, seeing as the price is reasonable for 2 grams of product.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
February 14, 2014
Great review..
N
Nomahlubi02
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply