Review Detail

4.7 3 0.5
Makeup Removers August 07, 2015 248
Almay Longwear Eye Make up remover pads
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Almay has always been one of my favourite brands of beauty products and I have friends who swear by it and use nothing else.
Me, on the other hand, I could never really afford any of the products unless it went on special and until some time ago when BB sent me one of their latest creations.... The Almay Longwear Eye Make up remover pads.

I never really understood and therefore never used eye make up remover so this was a first for me and an introduction to just how handy this product can be.

As with all Almay products, the container is beautiful with the brand printed in bold and a removable cap. There are 80 pads in each container.

ITip: Make sure you always keep the cap on after you have taken out the pads as exposure to air can dry them out.

So, I have been using the pads for about a week now and happy with the results. I specifically wore a heavy eye make up just to see how effective the pads really are. I was pleasanly surprised.

I usually remove my make up in the evenings, so, on a few days, I wore heavey eye make up (mascara, eye liner, 3 shades of eye shadow and eye pencil). I used about 2 pads per eye just to ensure that I get all the make up off my eyes; using my handy make up mirror I slowly rubbed the pad over my closed eye lid for approximately 1-2 minutes., for each eye. Thereafter I would open my eye to check if alltraces of make up were removed.

The product works very well but, I just don't like the oily residue it leaves behind on my eye afterwards. It's very gente, soft, dermaltologically tested and safe to use but, I think I prefer something that is a little more liquid to apply via a cotton ball.

Overall, my experience with this product was not half bad; I still have a few more pads to get through though. My greatest appreciation for this product is that its small, compact, can pop it in my handbag if I need to just to clean up a make up mess at any point Judging by the price, its very good value for money that will last approximately 1 month.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply