Review Detail

4.7 14 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams October 27, 2016 1305
Wonderful for sensitive skin
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I won't lie, I can be a bit of a skincare snob. I often think that products that are more affordably priced can tend to be lower on the scale of quality than products that come with a higher price tag - why else would they cost more??

I was, however, SO impressed with the African Extracts Rooibos Classic range of products.

The cleanser was a milky cream, and helped to remove makeup exceptionally well (I do take my makeup off with a micellar water first, but even if I went in with this and did a double cleanse, all of my makeup came off). It is very soothing to use, and would be especially good for dry and/or sensitive skins.

The toner is alcohol free, so isn't even the slightest bit drying to my skin, yet it effectively removes any left over makeup or cleanser. I think I'm also going to decant some of the toner into a little spray bottle and keep it in my handbag - can you imagine how nice it could be as a hydrating spritz during the hot summer months?

The day cream is lovely and hydrating, yet not at all greasy. It sank into my skin fast and left it soft and nourished, but not sticky. My makeup stayed put on it very well too (for me, the biggest pro for the cream, as I battle with certain day creams when wearing makeup!). The added bonus of an SPF 15 is great, although I do prefer a higher SPF in the mornings.

The tissue oil was probably my absolute favourite of the bunch. There are so many ways to use it! I used it at night as a treatment facial oil (any dry patches were softer and almost gone in the morning, and it helped heal up some old marks from spots). I added it to a bath one evening when I'd had a long day, and it soothed my skin and left it moisturised enough that I didn't need to apply body lotion. I've also massaged it into any scars I have (I had surgery this year, and so I have some fresher scars that need help healing). It could also work wonders for stretch marks and any other very dry patches! I like that the oil wasn't super greasy and sticky, and that it sank in relatively quickly too.

Overall, I'll definitely keep these products on my repurchase list - they're affordable and work exceptionally well! I've already recommended a couple of them to friends!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply