Review Detail

4.6 8 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams October 27, 2016 1577
African Extracts Rooibos Advantage range
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I'm nearly 38, but have only recently started using anti-aging products. Honestly I was a bit sceptical to try the African Extracts Rooibos Advantage range due to my sensitive skin, but I'm glad I did because my #SkinLovesRooibos :)
I had a few of the Advantage products to test and review, which are the Hydrating Creamy Cleanser, Gentle Refining Polish, Enriched Hand & Nail Cream as well as the Day Cream. The products are all beautifully packaged in red and gold and are found at your local supermarkets, Clicks and Dis-Chem stores ranging from R60-R160. Special offers on gift packs are now also available.

The Advantage range is perfect for me, because it's targeted at matured and maturing skin. In our harsh summer weather, our skin needs all the protection it can get. With all the chemicals and toxins we are exposed to daily, isn't it refreshing to find a range of products that protects your skin against these baddies? If you're still searching for a skincare brand that truly has the South African environmental effects in mind to nourish and pamper your skin, look no further.

Bio-Active Rooibos extract, aloe extract, plant extract, jojoba and grapeseed oil, milk thistle extract, apricot seed, keratin, vitamins A, C and E are just some of the ingredients found in this product range. Each one works in conjunction with the other to bring us the best of nature at our fingertips.

The Hydrating Creamy Cleanser effectively cleans your face. It removed all traces of my makeup just by rubbing it in gently and then rinsing it with lukewarm water. The result is clean, soft, hydrated skin, which lived up to its claim. It is R60 for 125ml

Instead of the (harmful plastic) microbeads you’d normally expect to find in an exfoliator scrub, they’ve used finely milled apricot seed in the Gentle Refining Polish which gives your skin a renewed radiance. It is R60 for 75ml

The Enriched Hand & Nail Cream with SPF15 is absorbs easily into your hands, without leaving it feeling greasy. There is a warning on the tube that it does contain Benzophenone-3 which is a common allergen. It is R60 for 50ml

The Sun Protection Factor in the Day Cream is 15 which is a bit low, but it's better than none at all. I find this cream to be rich and slightly grainy. After two weeks of use, I can really say that my face feels supple and hydrated. My T-zone never got oily and there was no need for applying more of the cream on my chin during the day, which is my dry area normally. It is R160 for 50ml

To sum up everything I love about the African Extracts Rooibos Advantage range: packaging, price, availability, smell, the results of continued use, being paraben-free and endorsed by Beauty without Cruelty. Best of all, it's proudly South African, being produced locally in Cape Town. It truly is "skin care inspired by nature"

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
F
Top 1000 Reviewer 8 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply