Review Detail

4.7 1 0.5
Eyeshadows February 26, 2012 130
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Loved this product !!

I spied this range in Clicks in November last year, and pounced immediately, though clearly not soon enough, as a lot of the stock had already sold out. Here's hoping that Clicks manages to keep in stock now that they've seen the initial response !
I managed to get a lipgloss (fab...) on round two, and have just tried the Illusion Eyeshadow in Denim. (Also available in Bronze, Vintage Rose, Sage, Copper, Olive, Molten, Blue Ice, Iris and Acid Lime.)

Have to confess to being a little bit excited. Ok, some of the colours and styles of the products aren't terribly original, being clearly 'inspired' by Benefit and MAC. The fact that the range is affordable, contains a huge range of colours and is excellent quality counts heavily in its favour.
Big on the shimmer (not a single matte eye shadow, whether single or trio), which may put off some users but I love shimmer, especially since it's so highly pigmented.
There's a selection of baked products in homage to the MAC Mineralise range - but at a far more affordable price (and quite comparable quality...)
I lined my eyes and coloured my lids with a black pencil to get a deeper colour, which also made the shimmer shadow last for hours (something they usually aren't good with), but used it alone for a smokey blue daytime eye and was impressed by its hold.
Verdict - go out and get it immediately ! And be warned that you will probably leave with a healthy fistful of products, because I bet you'll find a gloss, varnish...I could go on...
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
March 05, 2012
I have fallen in love with this range, from the lipstick to the blusher... love the packaging, love the colour, love the design!
F
flickery
March 05, 2012
I tried few of the colour in the shop last week, stunning pigmentation and what an amazing colours! Impressed! Very impressed!
TB
Tanya B
2 results - showing 1 - 2

Leave a Reply