fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

3.7 1 0.5
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Recently I was lucky enough to be chosen to review one of the 50 shades of lustful lipstick. I must admit I was meet with some trepidation on opening the cover as the lipstick seems to have an almost grainy look to it, soldiering on I was relieved that it went on quite smoothly, providing ample moisturisation. I'm not entirely sure why it has this look, it may have something to do with the conditioning properties. As I am quite fair I usually shy away from the darker more lustful end of the colour spectrum, however my Mr Grey was most pleased with it, the word vixen was thrown out there, which I am sure was met with a frown and bitten bottom lip. I must say for a budget lipstick I was quite impressed with the level of pigmentation achieved with one swipe, the longevity however is less than to be desired, within 15 to 20 minutes I had already noticed the colour fading. The shade I was given was quite simply called 'No.5'. As far as I am aware there are 5 colours in this range, with No. 5 leaning towards a berry rather than red hue. It has a satin finish which is great for those who are not keen on the high gloss look, but could quite easily be paired with a clear gloss if desired. Another down side was transfer, weirdly it did not stain my teeth 'even during several bottom lip bite tests' but did find its way onto everything and anything else my lips touched, including my Mr Grey, leaving him rather grumpy.

On the whole I would say it is worth a try, especially if you don't mind reapplying a couple times and have a Mr Grey who doesn't mind you leaving your mark on him. It would be aptly suited for those on a tight budget looking for vibrant, well pigmented lustful lips.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply