Review Detail

3.7 10 0.5
Primers, Illuminators, Setting Sprays October 05, 2010 603
Testing out a cult classic
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was so excited to try this product! I'm always tempted by green-toned make-up as I struggle with redness on my cheeks and around any blemishes. I have very pale, combination skin.

I always use a primer, as I need my make-up to last all day and stay fresh. Smashbox primers are a cult classic for a reason, they really do their job well. A pea-sized amount applied all over the face helps to create a silky barrier between your skin and your foundation. This means that it doesn't sink into any pores or settle into fine lines, helping to create a blurred and more even effect. DON'T use a huge amount, primer works better if you use a little bit and let it settle before you apply your foundation.

In terms of counteracting redness, this is the perfect first step in your routine if redness is one of your concerns. It's not going to wipe out all the red, but it certainly helps. Team it up with a green concealer on blemishes, an illuminating foundation (Smashbox Liquid Halo is the holy grail of foundations) and a light dusting of powder (yellow-toned powder will counteract redness even more).

Overall I'd say this is a good buy if you want a high-quality primer with skincare benefits (the formula contains vitamin A and E, aloe, lemongrass, soybean oil and orchid complex), as well as something to start off your redness-concealing routine. It's a little pricey but will last you ages if you use the right amount. Give all the Smashbox variants a swatch if you're looking for a primer, with all their variants you'll definitely find the right one for you!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
M
5 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply