4.3 13 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers March 14, 2011 436
sweet gloss for my wedding
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I’m not much of a gloss lover. I prefer fuss-free balms, stains and long wearing lipsticks because – to be honest- I’m really lazy and hate reapplying lip colour all the time.
That said I needed a sweet gloss for my wedding, where touch ups are important, and on the recommendation of the makeup artist I hired for the day headed to Dischem to buy a gloss to pop in my purse.
Me being me I’m terrible at making decisions so instead of one gloss I walked away with two – I bought Rimmel’s Stay Glossy lip gloss in Stay my Rose and All Day Seduction.
Stay My Rose, the colour I ended up wearing on my big day, is a beautiful pinky pink. It had a subtle shimmer and good pay off. The colour is very flattering to my pale, cool toned skin and I find myself reaching for it a lot in the days that followed. It’s not over powering and gives you that final touch to a polished look.
All Day Seduction is the first of the pair that caught my eye. It’s a very pretty apricot/peachy colour with little gold flecks of shimmer. Also very flattering, but I think it would look better on someone with a warmer under tone to their skin.
The price is very reasonable at R70. But I don’t think the ‘lasts for six hours’ tag line is very accurate. It’s a gloss and it wears off pretty quickly, that said I do think it lasts just a tad longer than other glosses.
I really like the formula. A little on the thick side it goes on well and isn’t tacky. I hate tack y glosses.
I don’t know if I’d repurchase, but all-in-all it’s a good product.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply