Review Detail

4.4 42 0.5
Lipsticks January 28, 2013 778
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 001 Pink Truffle
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I bought this on sale at Dis-Chem a while ago for about R 40. I don't hate this lipstick, but I don't love it either. At the price I get it for, I don't really mind that it hasn't impressed me that much.

As Leandra says below, the formula is very creamy and comfortable. It provides decent pigmentation as well. I was definitely expecting it to be more sheer and balm-like. Although the formula is creamy though, it's not particularly hydrating. It doesn't feel like it's boosting my lip moisture as claimed, but, then again, I have EXTREMELY dry lips.

The finish is quite glossy and I'm more into matte or satin finishes, but this product is lovely and wearable for the days when I just want to throw something on my lips and go.

Although the shade is called Pink Truffle, it isn't very pink-toned and reads more brown on my fair skin tone. I never, ever thought I would go for a brown-ish nude lip as an ultra-fair person, but this lippie has expanded my colour horizons.

I will get a decent amount of wear out of this and I don't detest it, but I will not be repurchasing. I'd rather purchase something like the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector for my low-maintenance lip days, as the formula is longer-wear and more hydrating.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
October 05, 2015
Shannon, the shade looks quite different on you than it does on me!
A
atalossforwords
(Updated: October 05, 2015) October 05, 2015
S
Shannon_H
October 05, 2015
In reply to an earlier comment

I know, right?? It must be the different undertones in our skin. I prefer how it looks on you to how it looks on me, to be honest...
S
Shannon_H
3 results - showing 1 - 3

Leave a Reply