Review Detail

4.4 21 0.5
Hair Removal November 19, 2015 1041
Panasonic: Foam Epilation
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Summer is literally right on our door step, which means every girl needs to keep her legs soft, smooth and silky for days at the beach, lunch dates or simply nights out. What is a better way to get ready for Summer, other than having the new Panasonic Foam Epilator in your hand? Let me introduce you to the revolutionary FIRST foam epilator in the world. Say what? Pretty cool right? This snazzy little gadget (the first of its kind) works as a dry epilator, a wet epilator PLUS has a MIND-BLOWING feature which foams for a closer and smoother epilation process.

I couldn’t contain my excitement for very long when I ripped open my package from Beauty Bulletin to find this multi-tasking epilator, but honestly… I never expected this Foam Epilator to change my hair removing routine for life. I’m a regular at epilation, but this foam epilator is a real GAME CHANGER. So in four years of dry epilation, you can imagine how ecstatic I was to try a foam epilator, I mean it’s a FOAM EPILATOR!! You’re probably wondering… “what’s so special about this foam epilator?” Well this uniquely designed epilator creates a light foam from a single drop of shower gel (you add this to the epilator before you begin) to create moisture, which protects skin with a creamy foam that prevents skin from becoming dry.

What’s in the box:
Panasonic Foam Epilator (ES-EU10-v)
Charger for your epilator
A cleaning brush
Instruction Manual

What you need to know about this unique epilator:
This epilator is cordless
This epilator is waterproof
This epilator can be used: dry, wet or as a foam epilator
This epilator can be used in the bath and shower
This epilator has 24 tweezers, which grip even the shortest and thinnest hairs
This epilator can fit perfectly in the palm of your hand
This epilator has a detachable skin guard
This epilator is completely washable
This epilator has a light indicator when charging
This epilator includes a small cleaning brush to remove hair which might be stuck in the machine

Let us get down to basics, an epilator you say? Wondering what in the world is that? Let’s find out! An epilator is an electrical device which is used to remove hair by mechanically grasping multiple hairs simultaneously and pulling them out. Epilators can come in corded, rechargeable and battery operated devices. Sounds painful, I know.. but after your first time epilating, you get used to the pain (it is bearable on legs and arms) and your hair becomes finer and takes longer to grow, means you get to epilate after long periods of time.

My first thoughts on the Foam Epilator: As soon as I opened the box, my eyes glistened as I gazed at this gorgeous lilac and brilliant white epilator. I was so excited to try out this epilator, I put it on charge for around four hours (while the epilator charged, under the on/off button, there is a little red light glow which indicates charging). Normally the epilator requires at least 12- 15 hours of charge time, but I managed to work around it with four hours of charging time, After waiting for the epilator to charge (felt like years because I couldn’t wait to test it out) I got myself prepared to try out the Panasonic Foam Epilator. I wanted to try out the epilator as a dry epilator, a wet epilator and a foam epilator to see the difference.

My Dry Epilation Experience: Epilation is always going to be painful, but I some how got used to it over the years, I didn’t find anything different about the dry epilation, the hair was removed quickly, painlessly and I was left with soft smooth skin, after removing a patch of hair from my leg, I was prepared to remove the rest of the hair on my left leg using wet epilation.

My Wet Epilation Experience: I found it so much easier to epilate my legs, mainly because I had warm water constantly falling on my leg, I felt it softened my skin and made it much easier. I did feel a little bit of discomfort (the epilator against wet skin didn’t really glide well, making my skin a bit irritated), but i rinsed off my left leg with cool water and I was good to go.

My Foam Epilation Experience: I followed the instructions to get the foam epilation going (the instructions state that you should add a drop of shower gel to a wet epilator, turn on the epilator and watch the the foam appear), I wet my legs and gently glided the epilator over my wet leg, I felt a slight pull as the hair was being removed, but I was amazed by how smoothly the epilator just glided over my skin, with all the foam, I missed a few hairs here and there which I removed later, so I still managed to end up with soft silky legs.

I am IMPRESSED! I really enjoyed having a simple, pain free epilation session, the best part was how effortlessly the epilator just glided on my skin, no scraping or discomfort at all, I’m so impressed about how effortless the foam epilation process is, I’ve decided to keep foam epilation as my main hair removal routine. I really appreciated the tweezers (the moving tips and non moving tips which rotate to pull hair out) as they managed to grip and gently remove all fine, stubborn and long hairs which I had.

My Final Thoughts: If you’re looking for a good and reliable hair removing solution, I would recommend you invest in this Panasonic Foam Epilator as it makes regular epilation seem so lame as the most modern form of epilation is right here in South Africa, for R599. Say HELLO to “Summer Ready legs” which stay hair free for at least two to three weeks. I would highly recommend this foam epilator, mainly because you can use it in three different ways, it has a long battery life, the epilator fits comfortably in hands, which makes your epilation process much quicker and pain free. I’ve tried quite a few epilators and this one makes my hair removal process much easier, honestly I’m just taken away by the foam epilation, especially because I find the dry application to redden my skin a lot, but I didn’t find so much redness when I used the foam epilator. I would really advise anybody who wants to use the foam epilator to get a shower gel which lathers up very well (you only need a drop to create enough foam for half a leg) so it doesn't have to be too costly, just an affordable shower gel which lathers well, I used Radox Muscle Relax, which gave my skin a nice refreshing scent.

Thank you to Beauty Bulletin for giving me the opportunity to test out the new Panasonic Foam Epilator and be apart of this review club.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
The Epilator and Box
The charging indication light
A Closer look at the Epilator and charger
Charging the Epilator
The Epilation Tweezers
The On/Off Switch
P
#1 Reviewer 878 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0