4.7 50 0.5
Cleansers,Toners,Washes January 17, 2017 1254
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Range.
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Range.

About three weeks ago, Beauty Bulletin ( Beauty_Bulletin ) was kind enough to send me these amazing products as part of their #AlwaysBounceBackSA project with Neutrogena.

Funny enough I was in the market to find a new skin care regime as lately my skin was an odd mix of oily and extra dry. I was dabbling in a few products and testing out the pros and cons before setting on a brand when these beauties landed on my desk.

The Neutrogena Hydro Boost range to hit South Africa, while Neutrogena is a firm favorite amongst many South Africans, I feel as if this range is really going to blow everyone away.

Who is Neutrogena ?

Neutrogena is an American brand of skin care, hair care and cosmetics, that is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. According to product advertising at their website, Neutrogena products are distributed in more than 70 countries. Neutrogena was founded in 1930 by Emanuel Stolaroff, and was originally a cosmetics company named Natone. It is now part of the United States-based Johnson & Johnson conglomerate, which bought the independent company in 1994.

What Neutrogena has to say about the Hydro Boost range :

"Hydration is the source of radiant and healthy-looking skin. It's time to rethink moisturisation. Containing a Hylauronic Gel Matrix, Hydro Boost's® new water-gel instantly locks in intense hydration and progressively releases it throughout the day. Your skin is so hydrated and supple it bounces back! Pretty smart right?

Oil-free and smooth to the touch
Lightweight and non-sticky
Instantly quenches skin
With Neutrogena, your skin remains hydrated every step of the way. Always start and end your day with Neutrogena Hydro Boost cleansers and hydrators and enjoy amazingly hydrated, soft skin.

The secret to hydration on demand.
Hydro Boost®’s refreshing water gel texture contains a Hyaluronic Gel Matrix that provides skin with extraordinary hydration.

Ingredients make the difference.

Purified Hylauronic Acid absorbs up to 1000x its weight in water, the special formula releases hydration back into skin all day long."

The products I had received were :

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Cleanser

What Neutrogena has to say :

Hydro Boost Hydrating Cleansing Gel boosts hydration for soft, supple skin. This lightweight gel cleanser transforms into a silky lather that effectively removes makeup and impurities. With hyaluronic acid, the formula is clinically proven to increase skin's hydration level and lock it in, leaving skin refreshingly clean and touchably supple, every time you cleanse.

Soap-free
Oil-free
Paraben-free
Hypoallergenic
Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

What I think of the product :

Firstly, I really like the packaging of the product. It is a 200ML pump bottle, which is pretty great considering the fact that I wash my face a few times a day. The initial design of the bottle gives you an impression of water or hydration, which weirdly gives me the illusion that I will have perfectly hydrated skin. The smell is AMAZING, it has a sweet yet not over powering bubblegum smell. The cleansing gel is clear. I personally feel as if a little goes a long way with this product. The cleanser does not foam as it is a gel but it cleanses quite throughly and removes all traces of make up including water proof mascara. I actually was in the market to purchase a new skin care range, While I don't have problematic skin, I feel like I needed to up my game in the skin care department. I have sensitive skin or abrasive products are obviously a no-go for my skin.i like that the product is mild but effective and did not irritate my skin at all.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream

Hydro Boost Water Gel instantly quenches dry skin and keeps it looking smooth, supple and hydrated day after day. The unique water gel formula absorbs quickly, like a gel, but has the long-lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream. It boosts skin's hydration level and locks it in all day.

Naturally found in the skin, hydrating hyaluronic acid acts as a sponge for dry skin cells, moisturizing with up to 1,000 times its weight in water, resulting in more supple and smooth skin.

Oil-free
Non-comedogenic
Purified Hyaluronic acid
Wearable under makeup
What I think of the product :

I really truly love this product, my skin has never felt this soft, smooth and most importantly hydrated. This product has a thin consistency that feels watery yet still creamy. My skin looks less dull and tired. I have combination skin so I as concerned that it will make my skin look oiler but It felt hydrated not any oilier. I definitely recount this moisturizer.

Neutrogena HydroBoost Miceller Water

New Hydro Boost Micellar Water, a unique cleanser that gently removes make-up and impurities, while quenching skin with a boost of vital hydration

Hydro Boost Cleansers contain a patented cleansing technology combined with Hyaluronic Acid to cleanse effectively while protecting the skin’s barrier to help lock in hydration

Suitable for sensitive skin.

What I have to say :

I love micellar water, specifically the garnier one. Its a quick alternative to cleaning your face/ make up off especially when you're feeling a little lazy. I quite like this product, it removes my make up quite quickly and it smells so so good! It has similar packaging as the facial cleanser however it does have a screw on cap. I personally would prefer a pump bottle for the sake of convenience. I like how this cleanser makes my skin feel after i remove my make up, which is hydrated and non sticky.

PROS & CONS

PROS :

Non-Abrasive
Hydrating
Smells AMAZING
Sturdy and neat packaging, which also happens to be cute
Dermatologist tested.
The cleanser works well with sensitive skin/eyes
The miceller water cleans off heavy make up easily
Very affordable
CONS :

Not enough product in the moisturizer tub / I would like Neutrogena to come out with a bigger tub
I would prefer a pump instead of a screw lid on the micellar water, to stop wastage
The smell might be overly powering to some people.

My final thoughts:

I genuinely love this range. I have used Neutrogena before and it was bit too harsh for my ( then ) teenaged skin . I love how this range is perfect for sensitive while still providing a through out cleaning and moisturizing. I would love to see a scrub added to the range as well as a night cream, serum and eye cream. My boyfriend loves this range just as much that he wanted to use the cleanser as face wash ( HAHA!). Im very happy with the results as my skin looks less oily, hydrated, smooth and SUPER soft.

You can find these products at Clicks, Dischem and Foschini.

Thank you to Beauty Bulletin for sending me these products to try out.

Disclaimer - These products were sent to me to be reviewed however the review is strictly my own opinion. Excerpts of this blog post was taken off the neutrogena website here .

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
S
2 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply