Review Detail

4.5 57 0.5
Mouthwash, Breath Fresheners June 01, 2017 1862
Listerine Advanced White : #2WeeksToWhiterTeeth
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

So tonight marks the end of my two week trial period of Listerine's Advanced White.
Overall, to be brutally honest, I didn't see a huge change in my teeth. However, I feel like the stains on my teeth are not something that a R49,99 bottle of mouthwash can fix.
Quick story: When I had those white/clear braces put on, everybody told me that I must be extra careful because they got stained easily. So I actually became fanatic about brushing my teeth, ironically so that the braces would not stain -- but I ended up brushing some of the enamel off my teeth, and now I have this weird yellow splodge. I've read a whole bunch of horror story reviews about teeth whitening products using all sorts of contraptions that damage your teeth and make them ultra sensitive, so I was happy to try something more mild and PG.
Though there isn't any super noticeable difference, I do feel like my teeth are at least a shade whiter than they were before. My two front teeth definitely look whiter, it's those two canines on the side that are being stubborn! I'm sure if I gave up my 5-7 cups of tea a day it would make a big difference because tea and coffee are notoriously terrible stainers, but psh! I love me my tea way too much! It says on the bottle that it helps with the prevention of further stains, so maybe my teeth would be a whole lot more yellow without the wash!?

I was a bit apprehensive about using the mouthwash at first because the directions say to gargle it for a whole MINUTE and the times I've used other Listerine products, I could only keep the mouthwash in for about 15 seconds because it burnt so much! But I was pleasantly surprised by its mildness, was able to swish it around for a minute each time after I brushed my teeth, and my mouth felt incredibly clean and wonderful and minty fresh. WARNING: I got a sore in my mouth as I often do when I get stressed, and THAT was super painful with the mouthwash!! But like, dur. I was okay with it.

All in all, it's a pretty great product.
If you are planning on using the mouthwash for 2 weeks straight, then buy the 500ml bottle because 250ml isn't enough (it tells you to use 10ml at a time, which was a capsize of the 250ml bottle).

I will most definitely keep using this product, it has become a part of my daily hygiene routine and my teeth don't feel quite as fresh and wonderful without using the mouthwash afterwards! My besties love the mouthwash too, we are all teapots so have experienced the same results (maybe I should have asked a non-tea drinker to participate?). My boyfriend always has a big bottle of that green Listerine next to his basin but when I came to stay over he preferred to use my Listerine Advanced White instead! It's much gentler on your mouth, freshens your breath, whitens your teeth (ever so slightly) and tastes pretty good too!

Definitely recommend!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Listerine Advanced White
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply