Review Detail

4.5 57 0.5
Mouthwash, Breath Fresheners June 01, 2017 1826
You have to try Listerine Advanced White
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received the Listerine Advanced White on the 24th of May, but only ended up using it on the 25th of May. I have very familiar with Listerine mouthwash, as it has always been a staple in my home, despite trying so many other brands. What I love about Listerine as a brand is that they produce a great quality product that leaves your breath fresh for hours, as works incredibly effectively even after drinking coffee. Coffee tends to linger on the breath, even after brushing, so it's great that Listerine really removes any traces of coffee.

I was incredibly excited to try the Listerine Advanced White, as it is a safer way of removing stains from your teeth apposed to teeth whitening at an oral hygienist. Whitening with harsh chemicals causes micro-fractures on your teeth, which cause sensitivity. Often you will hear how sensitive people say their teeth are after having whitening done. This is due to the micro-fractures forming on the teeth. Some people have naturally white teeth, whereas some people have naturally yellowish teeth. This doesn't mean the person had bad oral hygiene, it only means that the enamel covering their teeth is a lot thinner, so the dentin (which is naturally a yellow colour) shows through the teeth.

My teeth are not very stained to start off with, as I have a cousin who is an oral hygienist and she ensures my teeth are cleaned regularly and keeps me up to date with everything happening in the dentistry world. I definitely noticed that my teeth appeared brighter, about a week after use. I'm now onto almost 2 weeks of use, and my teeth feel so smooth and I noticed that my breath stays fresher for longer.

Confidence Boost:
It definitely is a confidence boost when your teeth look super white wearing a red lip, to the point where people even compliment you! A smile is so important, it's one of the most basic ways of relaying emotion to people around you. I love looking after my teeth, as it makes me feel good. It's also a major confidence booster when your dentist compliments your dental hygiene and condition of your teeth.

Experience using product
Initially when I rinsed my mouth with the Listerine Advanced White, my gums stung a bit. I do have hypersensitive gums, as I suffer from Fibromyalgia. After a few days the sensation disappeared, and only stung again if I flossed and nicked the gum, but other wise it was smooth sailing after a few days. The taste of the mouthwash is quite intense, but I actually enjoy that about it compared to other brands, as it means that the minty freshness lasts longer throughout the day, or night. It's also great for after a night out, as it gets rid of the remaining alcohol taste that often lingers.

I definitely recommend one tries out the product. Do not expect incredibly white teeth, as that is not the purpose of the product. It whitens your teeth by removing surface stains, it cannot change the natural colour of your teeth. And remember to use this product in conjunction with brushing properly as well as flossing everyday. This assists the process of removing stains, so that you do not get a build up of plaque, which causes gingivitis.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Listerine Advanced White Review | #2WeeksWhiterTeeth
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply